Monday, October 26, 2009

what's the big stinking deal?



so, i am not turning my blog into a trashy gossip column, i swear, but this is just peeving me. why are people giving such a rats ass about what suri cruise is wearing on her feet? apparently, people the world over are outraged that mini-tomkat is wearing super cute little mini-heels. they aren't screw me stilettos, they are cute barely an inch, thick heels. i think they are adorable and they clearly don't inhibit her from having fun and running around. why do people concern themselves with this nonsense? i mean, so if she wanted to wear heels and katie said "absolutely not!" then people would say that they were stifling her creativity and not letting her make decisions for herself, blah blah, so she let's her wear them and now she's forcing her little girl into gender roles and forcing her to grow up too fast. this is why i hate children, too many rules!!!! i mean for me this is just cute, when i was kid i wanted to dress up all the time, i wore my mom's shoes everywhere i could! i had tons of "dress up" shoes that were worn to the grocery store, church, riding my bike, just about everywhere, except for maybe school. i mean she is wearing a princess costume in one of the photos, jeez people. she is clearly a very happy child, can't that be enough!?!? so, what do you think? am i way off-base? or completely right?

5 comments:

  1. I honestly don't care one way or the other how someone wants to dress their kids. That's their deal. But from my point of view, being a mom of 2 girls, I would not let my girls go out in public with those shoes on. Maybe if we had to make a quick run to Target or something. Now dress up and playing around in the house they can do whatever they want and Ella does like putting on my shoes and walking around. And those aren't just dress up shoes Suri has on, they are real shoes. For me, I just think geesh, she's only 3 years old and she doesn't need to be wearing mini high heels yet. She's not 16 yet and she has a lot more years to wear them. As a parent, you have to set boundaries and this would be one of mine. I could go on and on but won't.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're really cute for dress up and quick outings but I wouldn't let Ina wear them on a regular basis. At 3 her little achilles tendons are still developing and if she's wearing heels on a regular basis, even little ones it can stunt the growth of her tendon. No joke it makes it so some little girls can't put their heels all the way on the ground, they always walk on their toes because their tendon didn't form correctly. For dress up though they're super cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Remember those red and blue cotton skirts we played dress-up in? Those looked really great with those clear plastic sandals...

    ReplyDelete
  4. eh. i don't think they're that cute. i like her collection of maryjanes much better. it's sad that i am up on suri cruise's footwear.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think the shape of the heel is what makes them a bit mature for her age, but aside from that I could give-a-rats.

    ReplyDelete

 

Site Design by Fabulous K