Friday, May 14, 2010

quick living room revamp...

so, i was getting super tired of my living room style. it just bored me. it wasn't me. i was just tired of the dull colors and felt that it needed to be pulled together better. my darling friend abs lead me to fabricadabra which has the most ah-mazing pillows. so with a few pieces, some new pillows, and a bit of diy art work and i have a renewed space. i am still waiting on a pair of hand dyed throws for the two chairs in mustard yellow from india. i'm also am still looking for a pillow for hammond the dog's leather arm chair. but here are the before and afters of what i have so far. and if you dig the new art work and want to make your own, make sure and keep reading after the break.

before:


after:

abs sent me this website and i had to do it!! now this girl, jess' artwork, looks so freaking PRO-fessional. and let me tell you it's harder than it looks!!!!!! it took hours to do and the paint didn't go on the way i wanted, but i love the final result. her instructions are genius. it's super fly. 

love this picture of hammond the dog. my baby.

22 comments:

  1. Umm...I love your blog! Wow! I love before and afters. Check my before and after photos for a non-profit I help out with....you have just inspired me to revamp my room!!!!!

    - Mylittletiara.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. The before photos were pretty but the after photos are beautyfull!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The place looks great! I think it looked great beforehand as well. Looks like you found a new hobby too!:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. AWESOME
    we really like this living room, nice blog too

    Kisses from France
    Olivia & Mariam


    Http://daily-women.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow, love your house ! can i move in ?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for stopping by my blog. What a great re-do! I love the "Keep Calm & Carry On" and the "Now Panic & Freak Out" posters! ; )

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow. I have to admit I am SUPER jealous of your fabulous living room. It's GORGEOUS! I hereby declare this makeoever a huge success!! (I'm sure that's what you were waiting for, right?? Hehe). I love how colorful and bright it is now. The decorations are fabulous. It looked great before but now it is spectacular!

    PS. I am definitely taking your vegan advice. It's the perfect way to experience a healthy lifestyle without taking the full plunge. LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE the makeover. Looks absolutely spectacular, and I adore the fresh color you changed to!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hmm I think I actually preferred the before, but this is a great diy nonetheless! I loved how you accessorized the coffee table, I really need to get me a tray like that!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your chevrons look great! I love that you got such a pretty gold color too. Great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing! You did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the transformation... it's more airy and such a visual delight. Those throw pillows are so fun and pretty. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. i like the before and the after!

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow! great job..
    i really love it..

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great job - I love the Now Panic And Freak Out - much better than the original!

    Merci beaucoup for your lovely comment darling =]

    Sorry for the late reply!

    Stay safe and chic ma chérie,

    English Rose x
    http://iamanenglishrose.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love how you switched it up! Those new pillows are such a cool pop of color and I love how you put your photos on the fireplace!

    ReplyDelete
  17. great job!
    love it
    love your blog, thanks for sharing!
    and thanks for the sweet comments

    -cma
    COSMICaroline.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. To me both look great!

    juliet xxx

    ReplyDelete

 

Site Design by Fabulous K