Tuesday, February 08, 2011

my temporary humble abode... pt. 1

so, if your new to llo then you might not know that the hubs is a marine pilot. pause for a daydream of him in his uniform.......... annnnd we're back. this is definitely not the life that i had planned for us. we started dating when we were 16 and we dated for 7 years before we were married. so last year actually marked 10 years together. whoa. well, needless to say i hoped we would move to new york city, la, or chicago... or heck, even live in a posh neighborhood in atlanta. i would be a struggling actor, he would be a successful engineer. well, that's not what happened. life happened. and he sat me down and told me his dream was to fly helicopters for the marine corps. i couldn't deny him that, no matter how terrifying the thought was, so i have now been a military wife for a little over 3 years and there have been ups and downs... lots of downs, but i think i'm finally getting the hang of it.

that brings us to the post. yes, all of my yammering had a point. in the past 4 years, i have lived in 5 apartments/houses. atlanta. virginia. pensacola, florida. milton, florida. north carolina. and to top if all off we are moving to san diego in a little less than 3 months. hooray. i've learned to really have a critical eye when designing for my home. i'm lucky that my aesthetic is very eclectic and modern, but i still try and keep color families pretty similar so that when we move no matter the home's layout i can use all of my stuff together. i also have this terrible constitution where it's literally impossible for me to not decorate a home, no matter how long or short we live there, so here, FINALLY, is my living room. ta-daaaa!












so, this is my delightful and cozy living room. whatcha think? could you live in this space? what do you think i could do to make it better? what's your favorite part!? remember, i love being praised so please, bring it!!!! and stay tuned for pt. 2.

24 comments:

  1. I love it! I really like the deer coat hanger, I may need to get one of those. And the posters and the furniture :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, your living room is amazing! I love all the little details!

    The Flower Girl

    X

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is your living room ? !
    A-M-A-Z-I-N-G
    Love it.
    xoxo,Kinga.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my goodness! this is GORGEOUS! seriously.. i may have saved an image or two for later inspiration! and i love that its real life with a real person decorating b/c sometimes when i look at the beautiful magazines its just too unattainable! I LOVE THIS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's so cute and cozy! And you're so darn organized! *jealous*

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love how tidy everything is.
    the "now panic and freak out" poster is my fav

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute place! I like how there are books everywhere :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. move to new york city!!

    http://www.ohmydior.org/

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh i love the layout of the books and the splash of color. i didn't know you were a military wife--so much moving, indeed. maybe someday you will live in a suburb in atlanta acting away. but i've been to san diego and it's pretty cool! you'll enjoy it dear.

    ReplyDelete
  10. i love your living room! youre a decorating pro!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your living room is absolutely GORGEOUS! I love how your white couch has those fun pops of color, and that poster is brilliant.
    xo Josie
    http://winksmilestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks girl you are too sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  13. San Diego?! You lucky girl! That is fabulous news. That is one of my favorite cities ever! :)

    I love your decorating skills. You're like a style genius at everything. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the colors and layout of your home. Ahh life is unexpected huh? But how lovely to have found your life partner early and explore the US!

    Thanks for the recommendation on "Water for Elephants" - will need to check the book out!

    ReplyDelete
  15. i love the tribal printed pillows, great living space!

    jadepurplebrown.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. i love it! i could totally live in this space. my fav part is definitely the pillows!!!!! i want them for my bedroom. a close second would be the now panic and freak out picture! i need that as well :)

    just curious what happens with you and your job situation when you have to go from place to place? san diego will be fab!

    check out my jewelry giveaway http://simplychic08.blogspot.com/2011/01/i-want-to-give-way.html

    ReplyDelete
  17. great blog. visit and follow me if you like.

    www.newyorkfashion-sh.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the vibrant couch cushions and your "anti-keep calm and carry on" poster :P I could definitely live in your space!

    You're so strong for supporting your husband and learning to deal with it...while I don't have the same situation, but I've had to learn to have a relationship where my boyfriend and I don't see each other for 3 months of every year (and most holidays) because he's from France and I live in Canada (where we both go to school). It's tough when couples have different commitments, but if you can work through them it makes it all worth it in the end :)

    P.S. thanks for commenting on my blog :)

    http://semplicemente-sarah.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely living room!! I especially love the shelf with full of books! :D
    Thank you for your sweet comment x

    Haru x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your place is gorgeous! I love that you keep fresh cut flowers... they really add something special!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hey Lauren!
    I read this post a while ago and I forgot to comment on it. Just wanted to tell you that I really love the way you described your life - always on the move and how you've tied that in with your sense of aesthetic. I like the way you've decorated everything, its so modern and cozy.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love your style very nice, I love it. It's stylish & comforting, good job.

    laneewrites.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. LOVE IT! do you mind if i copy every lil detail! :)

    ReplyDelete

 

Site Design by Fabulous K