Wednesday, May 02, 2012

reunion reluctance...

so, let's just clear this up... i'm getting old. my 10 year reunion is just around the corner and i find myself torn... i speak to exactly 4 people that i went to high school with on a mostly regular basis... and i'm married to one of them... those other 3 people mean the world to me... like my sisters... i LOVE these ladies, but other than those dear friends, i had no problem leaving high school in the past... so do i really want to relive it??
i believe my high school experience is a common tale. i wasn't cool... i had friends who were "popular" so i wasn't exactly an outcast, but i definitely don't feel like i ever fit in... i was awkward looking and i was a theatre/band nerd, needless to say my high school years were rough, as i the photos show. such a goof ball. i always loved fashion, but i was that weird kid who showed up to school in pajamas and zit cream on my face... thanks world. not only was i goofy and weird, i also had terrible acne. sometimes i wish i could write 15 year old lauren a letter saying "high school isn't a big deal in the grand scheme of things and not to waste time worrying what people think, be confident in your weirdness!!! it's what makes you, you..."
so the reunion. part of me wants to show up looking smoking hot filled with the loads of confidence i lacked when i was a teenager and talk to the people that didn't know i existed... but am i any better than high school lauren if i only go back to show off that i'm confident, thin, have acquired a fancy west coast dermatologist for my acne, and have a better understanding of my frizzy italian hair?!?!? do we ever really stop worrying about being the popular kid? that's right, deep thoughts for ya...
photo via

so tell me, did or would you go to your 10 year reunion?? 20 year?!? how was your high school experience?? similar to mine? or were you the cooooool kid?? should i go to mine!?! can you watch my dogs for me if i do go? :)

10 comments:

  1. Not only am I not going to mine (because I'm not flying across the country for that shit) I'm not planning it. Yea, I was supposed to plan it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. how'd you get stuck with that job!?!?!

      Delete
  2. My 5 year reunion is supposed to be this summer, but I don't know if it's happening. No one at my school wants to plan it. I'm not sure if I'd go or not though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would go if I looked as hot as you do :)
    I don't think I'm going. We're going to the Braves game instead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. um, you are so super hot!!! miss you and your hot face.

      Delete
  4. If you waste a plane ticket and hotel (in Peachtree City, Georgia, I might add) on that, I will (personally) punch you in the face. You couldn't PAY me. I will be in another hemisphere by then, and I'd much rather you spend your money wisely with me. :)

    It's Emily, btw :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. i think I'm going to the braves game with jordan :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whoa guys.... I want to go... please come! Lauren... I read your blog posts the second I see you have a new one. I would love to get to enjoy your goofiness in person! BUT, if you all really decide not to go, but come into town, we should all get together. Sounds good? Great! See you then. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looking beautiful!!! I am actually planning our HS 10yr reunion for this summer- yikes I still gotta get a place- ugh its all Ben's fault for being president of the class and I am vice president so I get stuck with all the work:) That is crazy I never felt like the cool kid either but I totally talked to everyone- I was the prom queen!! crazy!! You are going to rock your reunion. When is it going to be and maybe I can watch your dogs:)

    ReplyDelete

 

Site Design by Fabulous K