Friday, March 01, 2013

Kale & Artichoke Dip


[drunk photo]
Holy Crap! I am so flippin’ happy with this recipe. It is the real effing deal!!! I wish I had more to eat right this very second. Every year on New Year’s Eve I make spinach artichoke dip... it used to be very cheesy and full of nasty saturated fat. Yuck. I decided that I wanted to try and reinvent my own version of the dish... I was most definitely successful. Let me take a moment and apologize for the photos, I was indeed inebriated during the cooking and eating of this dish. Oops.  I reheated it the next day, sober, and it was still as yummy and delicious as I had thought I possibly remembered sorta...

12 oz of frozen kale (thawed and strained)
8oz of frozen artichokes (thawed) (canned will work too, just get the ones packed in water)
1 box of silken tofu (be sure it’s organic and non-GMO) 
1/4 cup of nutritional yeast, plus some to sprinkle on top
1 lemon, juiced
1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar 
2 tablespoons of umeboshi plum paste
2 teaspoons garlic powder
2 teaspoons onion powder
pinch of salt
[drunker photo]
Preheat oven to 375. Add kale and artichokes into a food processor/blender. Pulse until your desired consistency, I like it pretty fine. Remove and place in your baking dish. Then add tofu, nutritional yeast, lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, plum paste, onion and garlic powder. Pulse until all incorporated and really smooth. Add a pinch of salt. Mix into the kale/artichoke mixture then top with a thin layer of nutritional yeast. Pop in the oven for 30 minutes and you are all set! Eat with toasted crostini or crackers. YUM.

1 comment:

 

Site Design by Fabulous K