Friday, April 05, 2013

Sandy's Best Salad



So yes, I talk about my mom... A LOT. But when your mom is as kick ass as mine, it just sorta happens!! Plus, Sandy also is a whiz in the kitchen, she is definitely the reason I love food so much. This salad is seriously the most yummy salad ever. It’s so easy. 
1 package of mixed baby greens
1 avocado, chopped
1 cup cucumber, chopped
3 tablespoons red onion, very thinly sliced
1 cup mini-bell peppers, sliced
1 cup artichoke hearts packed in water, chopped
1/4 cup kalamata olives, coarsely chopped 
handful of cherry tomatoes, chopped
handful of crushed walnuts (optional)
handful of sprouts (optional, my addition)

drizzle of high quality balsamic vinegar
salt and pepper
Mix and enjoy... That’s it!!!! So easy. I like to let it sit for at least 5ish minutes until all of the flavors are melded and perfect. MMMMMMM. This is perfect with a piece of crusty Italian bread. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Site Design by Fabulous K