Friday, April 19, 2013

Virtually Fat Free Fajitas


I am a big fan, BIG FAN, of any excuse to make my famous guacamole or warm up fresh corn tortillas. MMMMMM. I love this recipe and I’m obsessed with these mini corn tortillas, 4 tortillas for 130 calories and 1.5 grams of fat. Um, yes please!!! What? I ate four mini tacos... Don’t judge me!!! 

Makes 6 mini tacos

1/2 bell pepper, chopped
1/4 large red onion, sliced
1 small zucchini, chopped
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
1-2 tablespoons of water (or more if needed)
a big pinch of salt 
6 mini corn tortillas (3inch, made without any added oil or lard) 

Add a tablespoon of water to the pan and turn the heat to medium-high. Just like with oil add your onions and cook until soft. If your veggies start to stick simply add water as you need it, but be careful not to over do it or you will get mushy veggies. I usually keep a cup of water handy to add a splash here and there. Add bell pepper, zucchini, garlic powder, onion powder, and salt. Cook until the veggies are heated through, but still crisp. 

You can cover your tortillas with a damp paper towel and heat in the microwave for 15 seconds and if you like your tortillas a bit crunchy (I DO! I DO!)  you can heat a small frying pan on high heat and cook them on either side until your desired done-ness. Be careful not to look away for too long or you will have some nasty burnt tortillas. 

Add your veggies and top with my best ever guacamole or your favorite salsa. And at less than 90 calories per taco, I don’t feel bad eating them at all!!! The only added fat is from the 35 grams in the guacamole, but I’ll take all the heart healthy fats I can get!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Site Design by Fabulous K