Friday, June 28, 2013

oodles of noodles

I love a good stir fry! I could eat stir fry every night, I have had stir fry every night. Buy every now and again I like to change up my classic dish. This is one of my favorite sauces, it's my Spicy Not-Quite-Peanut Sauce and it is delicious! I love using sunflower seed or almond butter instead of peanut butter, you can read why here! They taste great and give it the same nutty taste!! Trust me you will want to add this to the weekly menu!!!

Serves 2
Veggies
1 red bell pepper, sliced or 5-6 mini bell peppers sliced
1 bunch of asparagus,  trimmed
4 baby bok choy, trimmed and cleaned
1 small red onion, sliced
Add any of your favorite stir fry veggies. I also like broccolini, mushrooms, baby corn, string beans, etc 

Sauce
1/4 cup of tamari
1/2 cup of water
2 teaspoons of arrowroot or corn starch
1 heaping tablespoon of creamy sunflower seed or almond butter
1 teaspoon of sambal oelek or sriracha if you like it spicy

2 servings of rice noodles or soba noodles cooked per package directions and set aside.
Start by heating a tablespoon of water in a pan. Add the onions and cook until soft. Add the asparagus and baby bok choy, if the pan is dry add a splash of water and put on the lid while they soften. We don't want mushy veggies, but bok choy can be a bit tough if not cooked through. 

While that's going mix the arrowroot and water well, then add tamari, your nut butter, and your sambal oelek. 

Once the veggies are done toss in the red bell peppers and let them heat through. Add the sauce to the pan. Mix well and let thicken. Once it's super smooth and creamy throw in the noodles and coat with the sauce. All done!!!! Stuff your pie hole!!! 

1 comment:

  1. This is very yummy. My mouth began to drool just by looking at the images. Thanks a bunch for sharing. Must try it at home too. :)
    - MiracleNoodle.com

    ReplyDelete

 

Site Design by Fabulous K