Monday, June 24, 2013

The Prince is giving a ball!!!!

So if you get my post title, we could probably be friends. Unfortunately it is not the Prince giving a ball, but my husband's employer. Every November, to celebrate the Marine Corps birthday, we get to dress up all pretty, sometimes super-duper skanky, and go to a ball. The dudes dress up in their fancy uniforms and it's an all around good time. I love any excuse to wear a ball gown!!! I'm sure you've seen the millions of videos of Marines inviting celebs. Hell, I'm tempted to invite Chris Hemsworth to be my date, but alas, I don't think it works that way. Annnnywho. I'm on this budget, that I keep talking about, so in order to save money I decided I want to Rent the Runway. I know I have 4 months, but what can I say? I'm a think ahead kinda gal. I stayed up 'till all hours of the night narrowing down my list.. Definitely the most productive use of my time... 

Oh, if you've been living under a rock, Rent the Runway is the awesome company that let's you rent designer gowns and party dresses for a fraction of their actual cost. And since you rarely wear ball gowns or cocktail dresses over and over it's really worth the money. I've never actually used them, but I am super pumped to put my dresses on hold!!! All of my top picks retail from 450 to 700 and all rent between 100-135, so a sweet deal. Especially since I am NOT a re-wearer... not a word. 



[1][2][3][4][5][6]

I have some time, but I want to get my number one pick and back up dress ordered as soon as I know the date!! Any favorites!? Have you ever used Rent the Runway? What was your experience? 

4 comments:

  1. I love all of these, it's so hard to pick a favorite! I really want to use RTW, but I'm in the process of moving around the date of an upcoming wedding, so I had to buy my dress. I've heard great reviews, though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you would look best in either #1 (i think the color would compliment your skin tone nicely and it has a nice sophisticated look) or #5 (you can totally pull off this shape and style of dress and you will look fabulous).

    ReplyDelete
  3. #4 is still my fav...#1 is my back up. You can't go wrong with classy. #4 would look so good against the Marine's uniform.

    Glitzy has been done so many times..you know, in my expert opinion! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love #1, it looks unique and so far from the bridesmaid / prom direction a lot of girls go for these types of events ;) I don't know if I could part with the dress afterwards though! Check out the Saks 4th of July sale - I have scored some great dresses and gowns for around 75% off there before!!

    - Kelsey @ Time Stand Still

    ReplyDelete

 

Site Design by Fabulous K